Health concepts and content are taught in Grade Six. The overall objectives of the health curriculum are to:
1. Introduce body systems.
2. Identify practices that promote physical, mental, and social health.
3. Develop decision-making skills.
4. Promote positive self-esteem.
5. Identify accurate alcohol and drug information.
6. Establish healthy interpersonal relationships.
In addition, assemblies dedicated to health issues and special speakers are presented throughout the year for the entire Middle School.
Health topics include: goals and how to reach them, relationships, growth changes occurring during puberty, nutrition, physical fitness and how it leads to a healthy life, safety and first aid, the safe use of medicines and the harmful use of illegal drugs, communicable diseases, and daily care for good health. Text: Harcourt Brace, Your Health.