How to Apply to kindergarten
Families interested in applying to Browning for the 2017-18 school year may begin an online application on August 29, 2016.
In accordance with ISAAGNY guidelines, applications will be processed beginning September 6, 2016. Families will also be able to sign up for tour and interview appointments at that time.
Applicants to KINDERGARTEN must turn 5 years old before September 1st of the year of entry.
1. Submit an online application on or after August 29, 2016. To begin your application, go to Ravenna and create an account. Make sure to create your account using an email address you will have access to throughout the admission season, as this will be your primary email contact with our school.
If at any point you should have a question about Ravenna and your application, please contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that support inquiries should be initiated through the email address you used to create your Ravenna account, in order to protect your privacy.
Please be mindful of spelling and capitalization, as we will receive the data exactly as it is entered. We recommend that you proofread the form upon completion to ensure that all of the information you provided is correct.
2. Schedule the following appointments from your account on Ravenna:
• Parent/Guardian Tour and Interview
(Duration: approximately 60-90 minutes.)
• Applicant Playgroup: boys attend in groups of 5
(Duration: approximately 75 minutes.)
• Open House for Kindergarten Applicant Parents
(Duration: approximately 90 minutes.)
3. From your Ravenna account or our website, print the Permission to Release Records form and deliver this to the applicant's current school so that they can send an official report to Browning. If the applicant’s current school does not have access to the ISAAGNY Report Form, please contact Victoria Piedmont at 212.838.0205 or email@example.com.
4. We would appreciate your kindly e-mailing or mailing a family photo that we may attach to your application (firstname.lastname@example.org) or 52 East 62nd Street, NY, NY 10065). Family photos may also be uploaded from your account with Ravenna.
Please note that we do not require Lower School applicants to take the Early Childhood Admissions Assessment (ECAA) through the ERB.
ERB test scores will not be considered as part of any Pre-Primary application for admission.
Checklist for a Completed Application:
- Preliminary Application
- Family Photo
- Applicant Playgroup
- Parent/Guardian Interview and Tour
- Open House for K Applicant Parents
- ISAAGNY School Report
- Financial Aid Application (if applicable)