How to Apply to the Lower School
(Grade 1-Grade 4)
1. Call the Office of Admission at 212.838.0205 to inquire about available spaces prior to beginning an online application. Availability in Grades 1 through 4 varies based on current enrollment. In many cases, such applications may only be considered on a rolling basis.
2. Submit an online application on or after August 29, 2016. To begin your application, go to Ravenna and create an account. Make sure to create your account using an email address you will have access to throughout the admission season, as this will be your primary email contact with our school.
If at any point you should have a question about Ravenna and your application, please contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that support inquiries should be initiated through the email address you used to create your Ravenna account, in order to protect your privacy.
Please be mindful of spelling and capitalization, as we will receive the data exactly as it is entered. We recommend that you proofread the form upon completion to ensure that all of the information you provided is correct.
3. If space is available, the Office of Admission will contact interested families to schedule the following appointments:
- Parent/Guardian Tour and Interview (Duration: approximately sixty to ninety minutes)
- Student Visit with Current Grade (Duration: approximately two hours)
4. From your Ravenna account or our website, print the Permission to Release Records form and deliver this to the applicant's current school so that they can send an official transcript to Browning, along with the appropriate ISAAGNY Report Form, as outlined below:
Applicants to Grade 1: ISAAGNY K/1 School Report Form
Applicants to Grades 2-4: Classroom Teacher Recommendation Form
5. We would appreciate your kindly e-mailing or mailing a family photo that we may attach to your application (email@example.com or 52 East 62nd Street, NY, NY 10065). Family photos may also be uploaded from your account with Ravenna.
Please note that we require all applicants, even those who will be considered on a rolling basis, to submit an official school report in order to complete their file.
Please note that we do not require Lower School applicants to take the Early Childhood Admissions Assessment (ECAA) through the ERB. You may include an ECAA score report as part of your son's file if you wish.
Checklist for a Completed Lower School Application:
- Preliminary Application
- Family Photo (Optional)
- ISAAGNY K/1 School Report (Grade 1)
- ISAAGNY Classroom Teacher Recommendation Form (Grades 2-4)
- Parent/Guardian Interview and Tour
- Student Visit
- Financial Aid Application (If Applicable)