Encore is an after-school program held for students in Kindergarten through Grade Seven. The following classes have been offered subject to sufficient enrollment on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 3pm - 5pm: After School Study, Making, Cooking, Computer Science, Robotics, Lego Construction, as well as many athletic programs.
Classes fill up rather quickly, so please register early. Spaces are limited and will be filled on a first come, first serve basis.
PANTHER SPORTS M-F STARTING WINTER 2018
Starting this winter season we are fortunate to provide on-campus activities everyday of the school week. The Panther Sports program is offered to students in Kindergarten through Grade 7 from 3pm - 5pm. Please inquire about the newest addition to the Encore program.
SUMMER ENCORE 2018
SUMMER ENCORE begins on Monday, June 11, 2018 and ends on Thursday, June 21, 2018.
Browning's Summer Encore camp is an enrichment program for incoming Kindergarten through fifth grade in a collaborative after-school environment. Under the supervision of qualified Browning faculty and staff, boys are given the opportunity to broaden their imaginations, engage in team sports and physical activity, and develop a deeper appreciation for the arts and sciences through the diverse range of activities offered by teachers and specialists.
The camp will run for seven days:
- Monday, June 11; Tuesday, June 12; and Wednesday, June 13 (3 sessions)
- Monday, June 18; Tuesday, June 19; Wednesday, June 20; and Thursday, June 21 (4 sessions)
- Doors open at 9 a.m. for arrival.
- The incoming Kindergarten boys will have class from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- The incoming first grade through fourth grade will have a full day from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- The incoming fifth grade boys will have class from 12 p.m. - 3 p.m. each day.
- Boys in all summer programs at Browning are provided with a snack. Please do not send your son in with a snack.
- The incoming First Grade through Fourth Grade must bring a nut-free lunch. NO LUNCH will be provided. As part of Browning's food policy please adhere to these guidelines: All food must be free of shellfish, nuts, sunflower seeds, and traces of nut protein.
- Please have your son's lunch labeled clearly with your son's name.
- Please notice the schedule provides you the choice to enroll and submit payment for one week or both weeks.
- Registration will be closed on May 12th. After that date we will be unable to make any enrollment changes or issue any refunds so staffing and materials can be finalized.
Dismissal and Absences
- An authorized person must sign the child out at dismissal. Changes in dismissal procedure must be made in writing. All notes or emails should be sent to the classroom teacher, Nurse Linehan firstname.lastname@example.org, Ms. Rodriguez email@example.com, Mr. Harp firstname.lastname@example.org, or Ms. Kehoe email@example.com
- Kindergarten boys are escorted by their teachers at dismissal to either the lobby or front curb (weather permitting). For Kindergarten boys MUST be picked up by 12:00 p.m. promptly. If the child stays beyond the time of dismissal, there will be an automatic $10 charge plus an additional $1.00 per minute after 12:01 p.m. We urge all parents/caregivers to pick up children on time. In case of an emergency, please call and notify the front desk that you will be late.
- For rising first grade through fourth grade boys are released by 2:55 p.m. to the lobby with Mr. Harp & Nurse Linehan. For rising grades 1 - 4 boys MUST be picked up by 3:00 p.m. promptly. If the child stays beyond the time of dismissal, there will be an automatic $10 charge plus an additional $1.00 per minute after 3:01 p.m. In case of an emergency, please call and notify the front desk that you will be late.
- Dress for camp should include play clothes and the Summer Encore camp t-shirt included with your registration. You will need to select the boy’s size through Veracross when completing enrollment.
Anderson Harp, Co-Director Encore
Susan Kehoe, Co-Director Encore