How to Apply to kindergarten
Families are welcome to begin an online application on or after August 27, 2018. Please note that we are only able to process applications beginning on September 4, 2018, in accordance with Browning's agreement with ISAAGNY.
Applicants to Kindergarten must turn 5 years old before September 1st of the year of entry.
1. Submit an online application on or after August 27, 2018. To begin your application, go to Ravenna and create an account. Make sure to create your account using an email address you will have access to throughout the admission season, as this will be your primary email contact with our school.
If at any point you should have a question about Ravenna and your application, please contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that support inquiries should be initiated through the email address you used to create your Ravenna account, in order to protect your privacy.
Please be mindful of spelling and capitalization, as we will receive the data exactly as it is entered. We recommend that you proofread the form upon completion to ensure that all of the information you provided is correct.
2. After September 4, 2018, please schedule the following appointments from your account on Ravenna:
• Parent/Guardian Tour and Interview
(Duration: approximately 60-90 minutes.)
• Applicant Playgroup: boys attend in groups of 6
(Duration: approximately 60 minutes.)
• Lower School Open House (optional; adults only)
(Duration: approximately 90 minutes.)
3. From your Ravenna account or our website, print the Permission to Release Records form and deliver this to the applicant's current school so that they can send an official report to Browning. From your Ravenna account, delegate the ISAAGNY Report Form to the applicant's current teacher or school director. If the applicant’s current school does not have access to the ISAAGNY Report Form, please contact Emily Perry at 212.838.0205 or email@example.com.
4. While this is not required, we would appreciate your kindly including a family photo with your application. Family photos can be uploaded from your account with Ravenna, or e-mailed or mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 52 East 62nd Street, NY, NY 10065.
Please note that we do not require Lower School applicants to take the Early Childhood Admissions Assessment (ECAA) through the ERB. ERB test scores will not be considered as part of any Kindergarten application for admission.
Checklist for a Completed Application:
Family Photo (Optional)
Parent/Guardian Interview and Tour
ISAAGNY School Report
Lower School Open House (Optional; adults only)
Financial Aid Application (if applicable)