How to Apply to the Lower School
(Grade 1-Grade 4)
1. Submit an online application on or after August 27, 2018. To begin your application, go to Ravenna and create an account. Make sure to create your account using an email address you will have access to throughout the admission season, as this will be your primary email contact with our school.
If at any point you should have a question about Ravenna and your application, please contact them at email@example.com. Please note that support inquiries should be initiated through the email address you used to create your Ravenna account, in order to protect your privacy.
Please be mindful of spelling and capitalization, as we will receive the data exactly as it is entered. We recommend that you proofread the form upon completion to ensure that all of the information you provided is correct.
2. You may schedule your parent tour and interview online through your Ravenna account after September 4, 2018. A member of our admission team will contact you to schedule a visit for your son.
3. From your Ravenna account or our website, print the Permission to Release Records form and deliver this to the applicant's current school so that they can send an official transcript to Browning, along with the appropriate ISAAGNY Report Form, as outlined below:
Applicants to Grade 1: ISAAGNY K/1 School Report Form
Applicants to Grades 2-4: Classroom Teacher Recommendation Form
4. While this is not required, we would appreciate your kindly including a family photo with your application. Family photos can be uploaded from your account with Ravenna, or e-mailed or mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 52 East 62nd Street, NY, NY 10065.
5. Applicants to Grades 2-4 must submit scores from the Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE) Primary test. The test should be taken during the academic year you are applying (September 2018-January 2019). As test scores must be received by our deadline of January 8, 2019, we recommend you register for and take the ISEE Primary test as soon as possible.
Please note that we require all applicants, even those who will be considered on a rolling basis, to submit an official school report in order to complete their file.
Checklist for a Completed Lower School Application:
Family Photo (Optional)
ISAAGNY K/1 School Report (Grade 1)
ISAAGNY Classroom Teacher Recommendation Form (Grades 2-4)
ISEE Primary Test (Grades 2-4)
Parent/Guardian Interview and Tour
Financial Aid Application (If Applicable)