A Message From Dr. John M. Botti

Browning’s sixth Head of School Dr. John M. Botti with wife Eliza and their two children, Sean and Nathan.

October 23, 2015

Dear Parents, Boys, Faculty and Alumni,

I write to you to convey my excitement as my family and I prepare to join The Browning School community this coming July. The opportunity to lead your fine school leaves me both honored and humbled. I am honored, as I recognize what a special and significant family I have been invited to join. As someone who has spent his entire professional career working in boys schools, I have admired Browning from afar as a place not only of academic excellence but of clear ethical purpose and commitment. A school dedicated to developing “gentlemen” of integrity and responsibility tells a special story, and I feel privileged to become its sixth Head of School.

Just as I am honored, I am humbled, for it is no ordinary leader who retires at year’s end. I mean to respect Headmaster Clement’s service to the Browning community by minding the essential foundations of the School’s mission and culture. Like Mr. Clement, I intend to continue to advance Browning’s mission to promote “academic excellence and a lifelong love of learning” among its boys.

Head of School at Browning – with its 127-year legacy as one of the foremost boys schools – is a mantle I will not wear lightly. I look forward to visiting you in the near future and beginning the wonderful journey of getting to know you well. I will be eager to hear your thoughts about the School’s strengths and your personal aspirations for its future.  

I am deeply grateful to the Search Committee and the Board of Trustees for their hospitality, guidance and, of course, their invitation on the community’s behalf to become Browning’s next Head of School. I am excited about our work together in the months and years ahead.

Please accept my sincere appreciation for this opportunity. On behalf of my wife Eliza and our sons Sean and Nathan, we look forward to meeting all of you soon.

Warm regards,

John Botti

To learn more about John Botti, please click here for his full biography. 

Site Admin